By Mark Collings of Hwy 2 productions and Bobby Koven
I am a standup comedian and a mental health advocate.
Using my unique brand of humour, I try to dispel the myths and smash the misconceptions and prejudices surrounding mental health. There is No Magic Bullet when dealing with mental health, simply hard work, lots of practice, persistence and patience.
I ought to know as I was diagnosed in my early twenties with Tourette’s Syndrome, ’No Magic Bullet’ is my story via a documentary highlighting how developing a customized ’toolbox’ can significantly help with your mental health.
I am not a doctor but just a regular guy who suffers and continues to work hard at putting one foot in front of the other each day.
If you or someone you know suffers then this documentary is for you or them.
If with this documentary I can help one person all the time and effort has been worth it.
Thanks for watching and if you can share with anyone who suffers it would be greatly appreciated.
Bobby Koven (Krazy) is a high energy character with over 40 years experience in being “the life of the party” and a natural entertainer!
An accomplished entrepreneur at an age of over 60 years old, I want to do what I love, which is make people laugh.
“I’m 60 and I don’t give a shit”
Not true, as I do give a shit.
By using laughter, I believe I can help shorten the journey to feeling better for those with Mental Illness and Mood Disorders.
I am not a doctor, but just a fellow sufferer for over 40 years or perhaps longer (Tourette’s with the Triad OCD, ADD and Anxiety)
I use humor as one of my tools to help “shorten the journey” to feeling better about oneself..
I am a graduate of the Mood Disorder Association program Laughing like Crazy.
I have used my humor successfully to combat bullying, mocking and questioning of my “Krazy” Tourette behavior.
- Playing the piano, doing improv and ad libbing in the form of a song
- Standup comedy
- Master of Ceremonies (over 30 years at Beaver Valley Ski Club’s MogulMania)
- Wild antics on snow skis
- Singing President of the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association
Krazy After All These Years
Is it a nickname or a diagnosis?
- Jazzed at the Church on August 13, 2022 8:00 pm
- Bobby K. Does Alberta on June 7, 2022 8:00 pm
- Booby K. Does Alberta on June 7, 2022 8:00 pm
- Love and Laughter for Somalia on May 14, 2022 8:00 pm
- Beaver Valley Ski Club-Comedy Night on January 12, 2019 8:30 pm
- Jack.org- Mod Club on October 19, 2018 8:00 pm
- Bobby K. Does Kingston! on October 17, 2018 8:30 pm
- Laughing Like Crazy-Ontario Telemedicine Network on October 3, 2018 7:30 pm
- Ontario Telemedicine Network on October 3, 2018 6:30 pm
- Gayety Comedy on August 22, 2018 8:00 pm
- Corner Comedy on June 27, 2018 3:30 pm
- Corner Cafe on June 20, 2018 8:30 pm
- LLC Association of Nurse Practitioners on June 14, 2018 3:30 pm
- Fox and Riddle on June 13, 2018 8:00 pm
- Artists Expression For Autism on March 10, 2018 6:30 pm
- Madness Tournament Tip-Off Party on March 7, 2018 7:00 pm
- Alleycatz Comedy Episode 3 on February 22, 2018 8:30 pm
- Beaver Valley Ski Club Comedy on January 12, 2018 8:30 pm
- Alleycatz Comedy Episode 2 on January 11, 2018 8:00 pm
- Alleycatz Comedy Episode 1 on November 2, 2017 8:30 pm
- Krazy Performs Live at the Eton House on October 31, 2017 9:00 pm
- Krazy Performs Live at Spirits!! on September 13, 2017 9:00 pm
- Spirits Comedy Night on May 24, 2017 9:00 pm
- Spirits Comedy Event on January 25, 2017 9:00 pm
- MDAO/ St. Michael’s Star Program on December 1, 2016
- GP Psychotherapists Association 2016 Conference on October 15, 2016
- North York Support Services on October 1, 2016
- Spirits Comedy on September 1, 2016
- Spirits Comedy on July 1, 2016
- MDAO Laughing Like Crazy YMCA on February 1, 2016